Facebook is an American profit organization that has been around for close to 15 years.
In my opinion, Facebook as a social media site peeked about 7-10 years ago for Millennials. Since then the site has taken a back burner among other leading social media applications. Now, I see my aunts and uncles using Facebook more often than I use it.
Getting likes on Facebook can be quite difficult if you do not constantly share your business or personal page.
Over the years, Facebook has introduced different filters in order to de-clutter users’ news feeds. These filters make it even more difficult to ensure that content on your Facebook page is being seen.
Take Sam’s Shop for example.
How can Sam get his first 10,000 page likes? How long will this take?
According to Jayson DeMers, a Contributor of Forbes, “There are now an estimated 40 million small businesses using Facebook to promote their brand and connect with their customers.”
How does a small shop like Sam compete with 40 million other businesses?
DeMers has some great tips to increase Facebook Page likes in his article “50 Free Ways To Increase Your Facebook Page Likes” and here are my top 7 favourite tips:
- Visual imagery– use images to entice your audience, a picture really does paint a thousand words.
- Videos- images are great, but videos are even better… 15 second video clips on social media spread like wild fire.
- Variety- keep it interesting, people will unlike your page if you are not creative with your posts and post the same thing over and over.
- Use Facebook’s Page Plugin- share your Facebook information on other websites to increase your reach!
- Contests- people love winning free stuff, give them what they want!
- Tag other Pages in your post- the more people you involve in your posts, the further the post will go (don’t promote other pages, but incorporate them into your content).
- Engage- there is nothing worse than liking a page and then the page goes “dead”… give your followers what they want to see; reply to their comments, like their posts, tag them in photos/your content to personalize their Facebook connection with your business!
Getting likes on Facebook can take some time if you’re doing all the work yourself. Do not be afraid to invest into the social media sites!
The money you put forward in order to boost your page can give you long-term business connections that could make you more money than you invest!
Say Sam’s Shop invested $30.00 to promote his business. This promotion through Facebook could reach 3,000-6,000 people in the London community.
$30.00 for thousands of people to see his business and potentially purchase his merchandise.
Sam could get 10,000 likes before he knows it!
Word Count: 450 (minus this sentence)