Are florals and pastels tempting you and your credit card to run to the nearest mall and hit your favourite stores?
You are not alone!
Spring is in the air, and that means it’s time to clean your wardrobe and make room for new pieces to get emotionally attached to.
It took me almost 2 full days, but I FINALLY have organized my closet. Even if that means squeezing as many hangers as I can on the clothing rack in my closet and squishing as much as I could into my armoire (heh), I have given my closet a brand new look.
Here are some of my tips to giving your closet a little TLC this spring season:
- You need music– before starting this big chore, get a good playlist going (TY Drake for releasing your new album this week)
- Make a “dump” pile that you will sell/donate to a charity– if you’re not using it, don’t be selfish…someone else who is less fortunate will get good use out of it.
- If you haven’t worn it in a year, ditch it– don’t let attachment issues get in the way of letting your closet breath!
- Get creative! Organize your tank tops, shirts, blazers, pants, skirts & dresses by colour, length etc. (your morning routine will be a lot easier in the long run)
- Make your shelves look pretty– who said fashion pieces can’t be a part of your interior decorating? I chose to make a little art piece of my own with my purse collection. I used a few of my statement clutches as bedroom decor, and took organizing my purse shelf to a whole new level.
Once it’s done you will honestly feel AMAZING! I thought I’d never see the light in my closet, but after some sweat and a few cuts from hangers and sequins… I DID IT and you can too!
Happy Spring cleaning lovers xo